Sunday, February 7, 2016

Welcome to Robert and Shriya’s Assignment Blog!


BE 470 Medical Devices is a lab-based course at the University of Pennsylvania.  The course is designed to give students an understanding of some of the real-world challenges of developing medical devices, including FDA regulation, reimbursement, safety, and market considerations.

We will be using this blog to record our progress throughout the course.  We will attach photos and videos, code, circuit diagrams, etc.  We will describe our “take home” lessons.  Mistakes to avoid in the future. We will also use it to document the development of our final design project.

Throughout the course, we will be conducting labs which will provide us hands-on device development, working with both hardware and software.  These labs have shown us how microcontrollers can be applied to a wide spectrum of medical problems.  These labs will allow us to learn basic design building blocks regularly employed in microcontroller-based medical devices.  Our final project will require us to then carry out a small design project using those building blocks. 

Robert Pierson, SSE ‘17

My name is Robert Pierson and I am junior-year Systems Engineering student at the University of Pennsylvania.  I was born and raised in Southern California.  I am pursuing a career doing product design within the medical device industry.  I am very excited to practice design in this course.

Shriya Mantry, BE ‘17

My name is Shriya Mantry and I am a junior studying Bioengineering and Economics at Penn. I am pursuing a long-term career in medical devices and am particularly interested in FDA regulation with medical devices. I hope to understand what steps are important in designing a medical device through this course. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disqus Shortname

Ads Inside Post

Comments system